Monday 17 November 2008

A Card...


to show you. I created this card for a 5yo party which we attended at Crazy Maze on Sunday morning. I've discovered another great publication called Creative card making and paper craft which comes out 4 times a year. It is very inspirational and has great card making ideas using the Cricut and Cuttlebug (at times) both of which I have and a feature on scrapbooking too.

I attended my last Sunday afternoon club scrap for the year. Yes, you read that correctly, it's not the last one ever as two delightful ladies (also sisters) have decided to take over the running of our club. We start up again in January 09 which is great. We had a Christmassy afternoon with little puddings and champagne as well. A lady who demonstrates Stampin' Up products (party plan like Tupperware only mostly stamps, inks and a few other scrapping products) came along to showcase her wares. I have heard so much about these products but never actually been to a party and was astounded at the range and ideas from the books. I completed one LO which I still have to photograph and then we all got into creating pages for a 20 page album which will go to abused children at the Southern Cross Kids camps to be held next year. The 6'x6' pages are very simple and allow the child and their buddy to just slot in a photo and do some journalling. I hope to do up some more pages this week. It's amazing that for some of these children it may be the only photos that they ever receive.

Penny and I went to visit Petrina and Thea this morning. Petrina and I enjoyed our yummy Tony's Estate coffee whilst the little girls had a lovely time playing babies.
I just had to take this photo before dinner of Penny and Hannah our almost 12yo cat. Hannah will do anything to be inside, so if that means she has to be covered in Penny's babies blankets then so be it even if it is hot and humid. Poor Penny got a nasty bump on her head as we were leaving Petrina's house. She walked forward as I opened the car door and collected her on the forehead. She is such a tough little one though - the tears were over in a matter of minutes.
Well must sign off as our geckos are really active and noisy tonight. I think I need to give them some privacy as they're chasing each other round the walls making some weird noises. I think the study may be "rocking" tonight!

No comments: