Tuesday 25 November 2008

180 Pages Completed!

I couldn't remember what I did last week when I wrote my post yesterday but after uploading some photos, I remembered. My week was filled with decorating 180 pages for 9 books for the children who attend the Southern Cross Kids' Camps (see earlier post). I decided use up papers that I don't seem to use anymore but in doing that I realised that they wouldn't be very appealing to kids either. So after lashings of paint and multiple stamps, the result was good. I delivered them to Petrina on Saturday morning. She is a real trooper and done over double my amount (total of 10). I hope the kids like them and find some happiness in slipping their photos and some words onto the pages.Here are the 2 LO's which I did at Petrina's class on Saturday. We used a sparkly spray product called Glimmermist and some clever little watercolours called Twinkling H2O's. It was lots of fun and quite messy too! I came away with some great ideas although these will have to go on hold whilst I get ready for Christmas with cards, crackers and decorations to be made.
Poor Penny is still unwell with the trots (day 7) but her pathology came back all clear. The Doc said it seems to take 7 days for the diarrhoea to go so here's hoping tomorrow is a better day. She is staying home with Grandma tomorrow whilst I go to work. Nick spent the morning at school today but came home before his class went to swimming as he couldn't swim with his sore eyes although they have greatly improved.

4 comments:

Shandell said...

Your finished LO from Petrina's class look fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Nicely finished Rachael, lets hope Petrina does more classes (LOL)

Anonymous said...

You should be soooo proud of yourself mate. That is a great effort.
And yes the finished layouts are fabulous.
You go girl.

Sandra L said...

Wow that is just fabulous all those pages. I'm sure the kids will love them.