Thursday 31 December 2009

The End of A Decade

What a special decade it has been for us with the birth of our two children. We have also endured huge loss with the death of Craig's father. It's hard to believe that this time 10years ago we were wondering if our clocks would stop or our computers would crash. Looking back, what a silly concept!
I haven't achieved all of my goals for this year but I wouldn't want to make it too easy. While my scrapbooking suffered for a while during the year, I certainly have returned to cardmaking and far exceeded my projected quota. Book reading has been enjoyable and I have a couple lined up for next year. Being positive and smiling everyday has been tough at times this year but I'm hoping to improve on that goal next year too. I'll put up my new goals for next year in the coming days.
This week we have enjoyed rainy showers everyday which have been beautiful and all is lush and green again. It rained quite a bit on Tuesday so I decided to teach Nick how to play the original Monopoly board game. Well he beat me very convincingly and wants to play it all the time now. Penny was the banker off and on.
I have worked for the last couple of days. Nick has been to vacation care in which he went swimming at the beach and tried out his new Christmas scooter at the skate bowl on Wednesday and then he went to Sizzler today and indulged. I also managed slip in a little scrapping too and below is the result.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2010!
Love, Rach xx

1 comment:

Petrina McDonald said...

Happy New Year to you too Rachael!!! I love the colours on the layout of Penny - so sweet!