Monday 27 October 2008

Precious Girl

This afternoon Penny pulled out a DVD slide show of her first week of life that I had put to the song "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge. I had sent them to all of our family who live away at this time and had made them all cry. I always have a tear in my eye when I watch it - maternal emotion. We haven't looked at it in ages and Penny has never seen it. After the first time through (5 minutes) Nick was off to watch his new library DVD. Penny watched it over and over and after the third time she crawled up into my lap with big tears streaming down her face. When I asked why she was crying, she said she wanted to be a baby again. I was absolutely amazed at how these images had moved a three year old to tears. They take in so much more than we think! I told her that she could only watch it if she stopped crying. She then watched it about another 6 times with a quivering lip. My beautiful sensitive girl. These are the memories to cherish.

2 comments:

Nina said...

what a lovely post Rachael...i bet you are so glad you took the time to originally do the DVD.

nina xx

Petrina McDonald said...

awwww......I've got a sensitive boy like that here. He cried his eyes out when viewing the scrapbook his Cairns Aunty made for him when he was a bub. He wanted to go back to being a baby too :(