Sunday 29 January 2012

Supporting The Arts

The children and I are planning many visits to the theatre this year with many performances in the first half of the year being aimed at children. In the last week of the holidays, Penny and I attended a performance of Cinderella danced by the Ballet Theatre of Queensland. It was beautiful as well as highly entertaining and Penny wanted to stay on for the night time performance. We have tickets booked for Mary Poppins in March which we are very excited about as it is a very popular movie in our house.
Today, Nick and I went to see Hugo at the movies. We both loved it. Nick sat forward in his seat for the majority of the film and was captivated by it. Beautiful scenes of Paris, a lovely story and brilliantly casted and beautiful music. A movie that would appeal to all ages (7-8+) which we can highly recommend. We didn't see it in 3D but I think it would've definitely enhanced our viewing.
Australia Day we ended up at our neighbours over the back fence for a very impromptu BBQ lunch and swim. It was a perfect way to spend a relaxing day.
Over the weekend, we went out for breakfast, signed Nick up for soccer and Nick had a friend to play. Penny had a play date on Friday afternoon. Craig and Penny went shopping whilst we were at the movies and she managed to talk him into buying her a new pair of shoes which she promptly told me "fell off the back of a truck" when I saw them. She is going to rival Imelda Marcos!
Well a post needs a photo so here are a few more LO's from 2011. I am very pleased to have started scrapping a new box of photos over the w/end - new enthusiasm!

Good luck to my niece, Alex and nephew Lachlan who are beginning school in Griffith, NSW tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be the start of a great year.
Have a good week.
Rach xx

1 comment:

Petrina McDonald said...

Thanks for the Hugo review - makes me want to see it all the more. Loving the layouts....do I spy some Washi tape ;)