Sunday 11 January 2009

Trucking

Yesterday morning we visited one of the truck depots that Craig oversees for Nick to have a look over a BIG TRUCK! Penny and I waited in the car whilst they had a good look. She told me that she wanted to be a truck driver as she was in awe of their sheer size but as I informed her she had to actually get into the truck to drive it which was a much too scary option. Nick just loved it. He had the window down with the wind blowing through his hair and loved being up high. Nick pulled on the very loud horn (the highlight) which almost sent Penny through the roof of the car! With a HUGE amount of coaxing we managed to get Penny up into the cab to have a look at the controls and the bed but I think she was most relieved to climb out again.
Yesterday was quite a dreary day and much cooler thank goodness. We have been enjoying regular bouts of rain throughout the last week which has made the garden spring back with its healthy green glow. Today it is bright and cheery again though.
This afternoon, I attended the first club scrap under a different name and it was lovely to catch up with everyone. I took a pack that I had ordered and received before Christmas. I have almost finished it and will post it in the next few days. My NY resolution is coming along well - 3 x LO's almost completed this week. Things will slow down a bit in the coming week though as I'm going back to work.
Have a good week.
Rach xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach,
You will have to get yourself one of those counters to see how many layouts you have done. I'm sure if you checked around a few blogs you would find one suitable.
Glad to hear that SSS was great,hopefully I will be able to make it to the next one.
Cass