Tuesday 10 May 2011

Celebrations

We have had celebrations for the last two weekends. On Saturday 30th April Nicholas turned 8. He was so excited to receive a Nintendo DS and is loving learning to play the games. Some of the games are a little complicated so we have had to sit down together and go through the handbook. I'm an expert on Pokemon now! Nicholas had a few school friends over and his cousins, Alex and Lachlan for a pizza, cake and a play and then onto a night movie. They had a great time. The cake was a chocolate number eight cake with chocolate frosting and crumbled cherry ripe.
The weekend just gone I was spoilt with Mother's Day. The kids gave me a Wii Fit board which Nick is very good at and Penny picked out some pretty green necklaces for me. I also received some lovely homemade art and jewellery from school. We celebrated with morning tea at an amazing cupcake shop in West End.
A double celebration was had on Saturday with Nick's soccer team scoring their first goal of the season. After a slow start and a team in which some of the boys have never played soccer before they are all starting to click and playing well together. Another lovely surprise was my brother, Richard returning to Brisbane for a surprise visit for the weekend. It was great to catch up.
On the scrapbooking front, I have had another LO accepted for photographing for a magazine. I didn't even get around to putting it on my blog. It is a lovely one of baby Penny. I did this LO of cute little Nick with the whiting at Pt Bundaberg, on the weekend.
In other news, Nick started choir this morning and loved it. The weather has turned very chilly for Queensland and unfortunately Craig and I have got head colds to go with the cold weather. Craig's away this week so we are suffering separately.
Have a happy week.
Rach xx

No comments: