Monday 10 May 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all of the Mum's had a lovely Mother's day yesterday, I certainly did and was spoilt rotten. The presents - homemade cards, keyring and homemade writing paper, chocolates, long stem red roses and an automatic coffee machine.
The food - restaurant breakfast at the beach with Craig, Nicholas and Penny; lunch with my scrapbooking friends and dinner with Craig's mother and grandmother at home. I could hardly roll over in bed last night after all that food. We had a lovely time playing on the play ground at the beach and going for a walk on the rocky path after breakfast and I took some great photos of the kids.
My monthly scrap meet fell on this w/end and so we decided to go ahead and make it a bit special with a yummy lunch, laughs, chocolates and of course a little scrapbooking. Craig cooked dinner (roast vegies and a chicken from the shop) for us which was great and then my day ended with two weeks worth of ironing! The coffee machine is a big luxury but one I have been wanting for a long time now and it makes beautiful coffee without the mess of a manual coffee machine (which we had and never used). Trade off for the big expensive boat Craig has just purchased!!!
I get to spend a belated Mother's Day with my Mum this w/end coming. Mum and Dad will arrive on Friday and stay for 6 nights before venturing to Brisbane to visit my brother and his family. The kids are so excited as we all are. I made the card below for Mum. I made Craig's mother a different one and forgot to photograph it unfortunately.

Have a good week. Mine is busy with preparing the house for the visitors and a little more work than usual.
Rach xx

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Beautiful card and photographs Rachael, sounds as if you had a lovely Mother's day and it was nice to be part of it, have a wonderful time with your parents.
Linda