Tuesday 14 July 2009

Term 3 Begins

Today we packed Nick off to school for the start of term 3 and Penny and I went onto the gym and then came home to the mountainous task of washing and ironing! Routine has returned - good and bad I guess.
The last week of the holidays was good. Nick and I had our special day together on Tuesday. We didn't do anything very different but we had fun shopping for presents and doing the food shopping together. He bought some more Bakugans which he was very excited about. That makes a total of 10 - he's Bakugan mad at present.
On Wednesday we helped Thea celebrate her 6th birthday at Lake Ellen playground (card above). It was lots of fun and I came home with 2 tired little children. Thursday and Friday was work for me so Nick went off to vacation care which is jam packed with activities.On Saturday we went to Brisbane and stayed with my brother, sister-in-law and their 2 children. At the end of our street Penny said she couldn't wait to get there which we heard many times during the 4hr journey. The children had a great time with their cousins. They danced, climbed trees, rode bikes and played in the cubby house with a possum. We went to Disney on Ice on Sunday which was spectacular. On Monday morning, Nicholas, Penny and I enjoyed some retail therapy whilst Craig went to work for a couple of hours. After a yummy morning tea and the opportunity to pick out a toy, I dragged the kids to Scrapbook City which is a shop that I buy from on-line. They had a TV and DVD for kids so I could shop to my hearts content. They had a great sale on and lots of lovely wares. The lady, Leisa who was lovely told me of their great retreat coming up in October which was very tempting. After this we began our trek home, having had a relaxing and very enjoyable weekend.
Now back to that ironing! Have a good week. Rach xx

No comments: