Sunday 31 July 2011




I went to see Dr Zhivago this afternoon with my friend, Penny who lives around the corner and I have to say it was superb. It was so sad and stunningly beautiful. Anthony Warlow was supreme as Yuri Zhivago as was the beautiful Lucy Maunder who played Lara (Yuri's mistress) and the pretty Taneel Van Zyl as Tonia (Yuri's wife). The special effects were brilliant incorporating a little cinematography. The sadness and pain of the war and poverty in Russia in the early 1900's was portrayed with such realism. The music is lovely and beautifully portrays the love story. I think this musical is probably one of my favourite of all time. If you haven't been to see it, you really must. It is only on in Brisbane for another couple of weeks.
Rach xx

1 comment:

Petrina McDonald said...

brilliant review rach - now i wish i could go and see it :(