Sunday 24 August 2008

Weekend Mayhem


Craig went away for a 4 day boys' weekend to Brisbane so of course things couldn't run completely smoothly. After a week of low grade temperatures and a cough, it was time to take Nicholas to the doctor on Saturday morning which didn't eventuate to any drastic diagnoses but hit the hip pocket with a course of antibiotics. He has improved greatly after 2 mammoth day sleeps over the weekend and is back to normal on the eating front. Unfortunately, little Penny who has had a slight cough during the week decided to develop a temperature on Saturday lunchtime which has returned both nights. She appears to have the same symptoms as Nick. Fortunately the fever is only low-grade which is less of a concern in view of her history of febrile convulsion. My beautiful tulips that I bought on Thursday have brightened our cool weekend.

On Saturday after visiting the doctor we went and picked up my new rechargeable vacuum as the old one couldn't be fixed and was still under warranty. Although the colour isn't as trendy as our old red one it works brilliantly and best of all, was free! I hadn't realised just how much I had missed this little vacuum over the past 5 weeks. It's fantastic for cleaning up after meal times.

We then went onto our favourite coffee spot, Teaspoons and sat in the golden-green velvet sofa where I enjoyed a much needed long black and the kids had their fancy milks. After a drawn out visit to the toy section of Target where Nick wanted Lego and Penny wanted to bring home all of the baby dolls, we returned home for a quiet afternoon.


Sunday was quite uneventful although I managed to have some scrapping time. I completed a layout (LO) called Giggles for a monthly sketch challenge on the Scrapbook City site. The photo is from our visit to Adelaide when Penny was a baby (Feb 06) and Nick was up to his usual high jinx. I finished another layout last week titled "In the Big Bath", for the monthly pack challenge from the Creative Artz Cottage. It will be displayed in the shop through September and voted on. I had fun experimenting with one of my latest Cricut cartridges, Storybook. It is so versatile with oodles of functions. The LO is of Penny's transition into the big bath at 8 months (June 06).

Otherwise the weekend has been a breeze! I had a lovely time on the phone catching up with family and then Craig's Mum came and shared chicken and chips with us for dinner. Anyway better be off as this is a very long post and also to prepare for the week. Have a good week.








2 comments:

Ann Lederhose said...

Hi Rachael, welcome to blogland! :D I so want one of those rechargable vac cleaners! (I want an orange one! LOL)

Petrina McDonald said...

No, I just want someone to come over and vacuum for me!!!
Fab LOs there Rach - it is so good that now I get to see what you have done too!